RUDMA, or Rutgers University Dance Marathon Alumni, is a registered organization under the RUAA (Rutgers University Alumni Association). The group was officially started in 2011.
The purpose of RUDMA is three-fold:
1. To support the undergraduate effort of raising money and awareness for the Embrace Kids Foundation;
2. To provide an experienced resource to the Rutgers University Dance Marathon (RUDM) undergraduates, specifically the Central Planning Team;
3. To strengthen alumni relationships, create new alumni relationships, and bring alumni back to Dance Marathon and Rutgers University.
RUDMA is comprised exclusively of Rutgers graduates who wish to reconnect with the cause (RUDM) they grew to love during their undergraduate years. Futhermore, RUDMA is made up of anyone who wishes to give back to Rutgers Dance Marahton, make new friends, or support Embrace Kids Foundation.
RUDMA members are anyone who has participated in Dance Marathon as an undergraduate and wish to continue to support the cause.
You can become involved in RUDMA in two ways.
1. Supporting monetarily through donations to the Rutgers Dance Marathon Alumni Group;
2. Participating in RUDMA sponsored events throughout the year, including the RUDMA Kickoff Tailgate, Winter Brewery Tour and Dance Marathon Weekend;
RUDM 2016 is scheduled for April 1 and 2 at the RAC (Louis Brown Athletic Center). This event is free and open to the public.
More information can be found at Rutgers Dance Marathon’s website.
You can make a donation to the RUDMA team page for Dance Marathon by visiting rudm.org. For donations to directly support RUDMA, please visit our PayPal page.
Donations are always accepted in person at events and are always appreciated!
Embrace Kids Foundation is the benefactor of Rutgers Dance Marathon’s efforts. Embrace Kids is located in downtown New Brunswick, which helps RUDM students connect directly with the cause they support.
Many members of RUDMA have a personal connection with the families and staff of Embrace Kids. These connections are a constant reminder of why we do what we do – for the kids.